Saturday, June 26, 2010

Idaho Getaway at the Blue Heron Inn

I just got back from a 5 day beautiful stay in Rigby, Idaho at the Blue Heron Inn. What a wonderful and pleasant treasure it was to stay at. I went down to attend a plein air painting workshop and this was one of the closest places to my painting location. I was very happy with the accomodations and the owners( Dave and Claudia Klingler) made me feel right at home. Their property sits right in front of the Snake River and is just Spectacular!

This was my first bed and breakfast stay so it was such a treat to wake up every morning and have breakfast made for me in their beautiful kitchen. It was a gourmet breakfast every morning. The owner, Claudia is coming out with her own cook book soon and I can't wait for a copy.
Even got to enjoy eating breakfast right by the birds
This was the room I stayed in

and the view out one of my windows
I couldn't help but take pictures of all the beautiful quilts lying around all done by Claudia herself. What a talent to be able to do this! These were so well done and this one she even used iridescent thread on.
Also little embellishments of bees and bugs and little beads. This one is worth enlarging.
She did this quilt after one of William Morris' who was the founder of the Arts and Crafts movement if I remember correctly.
This one took home an award at an Idaho Falls show
and this one she took those dish towels that have the days of the week on them and sewed them into a quilt titled" No time for housework and quilting too, that's why housework makes me blue."
She then added the duties that women are so busily tied up with every day around the edges. Like cooking, sewing, baking, mothering, shopping, exercising, scrubbing, gardening, banking. etc.
Such a diverse style, this one seems more modern to me
and this one very traditional
Loved this one, it looks like a Mary Engelbreit with all its fun bright colors.

Very cozy and I had a hard time packing to come home.
They even give discounts to the Artists that are taking the workshop if you stay at their B&B 
More to come tomorrow on the workshop, It was well worth the trip and I came home with alot of informatiom, insight and inspiration!!! Can't wait to share!!!!
If you would like to see more information about this place go check out

4 comments:

  1. Coolest place...Idaho can be on the map now!
    What a kitchen...bet its fun to cook gourmet meals in.
    Hey, that cowboy boot room for YOU had to be quite a FIRST! That was a belly laugh for me to think of you sleeping in there.
    Glad you had such a relaxing environment to paint in.
    Looking forward to more...thanks for sharing such a lovely place. May have to go there one day, we love to go antiquing clear up to Boise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the room was not quite my style but it was the last room left in my price range so I said I would take it. Bed was comfy and it had a shower. Everything was actually really nice and clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was laughing at the Boot Scootin' room....not quite your style but we have to make sacrifices sometimes:) You need to go river rafting next time!! That is what I love to do on the snake river! So FUN! It is beautiful up there...lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Lovely. What a fun place to go have some R&R and do what you love to do!

    ReplyDelete