Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wrapping it Up!

We are filling Christmas lists for 33 kids this year through our Bright Eyes Foundation. Last night we had a wrapping party and I am so thankful for those who showed up to volunteer their time to help wrap presents. We have a big list to fill! The Hansen family from Farmington came up to help and share with their kids this life changing experience.

and Dash Cox who is an author and motivational speaker also volunteered his time.
along with Angie Bradshaw. Thanks guys!


We are still  in great need of donations for teenage boys. Deadline would be friday.(today) We want to get these delivered to the families this weekend. You can drop things off at my home or at Just a Bed of Roses in Farmington. We are so thankful for all the donations that have come in so far.

I got to call each family tonight and let them know we were coming and they all were so happy and grateful. That's the part that fills my heart and makes all the work worth it. I can't wait to deliver them. There will be some really excited and hyper kids! Whoo hoo! That's what Christmas is all about right?

So all in a week
I have conquered Santa visits, school programs, dental appointments for the kids, and filled these lists along with my own families. My husband thought it was funny when he snuck into my bedroom and snapped this picture of me, the kids and the cat crashing at 6pm the other night....I guess you can call it true Christmas exhaustion!!!


Hope all of your lists are getting filled this week. There are alot of kids that are in need of presents this year and donations are at their lowest. There are several places that could use your extra presents so go drop them off! If you would like more information about our foundation to see what we are all about then go to http://www.brighteyesfoundation.com/  We are a nonprofit approved 301(c) meaning tax write offs for you! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I wish I could have made it down for ya! God bless ya sweety

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my FAVORITE POST YOU HAVE DONE SINCE YOU HAVE BECOME A BLOGGER! Your my american idol and I am PROUD OF YOU for using your gift you were blessed with to love children no matter who and where they are and especially those who struggle in life.
    Love this Reva McIntire song about the true joy of giving...with an open heart!

    Love all the help and support you received from those who too feel the importance of giving money and their precious time.
    Especially LOVE your Steve! Without him...you know this could not be as successful as it was. You two are a neat team and I know he loves it as much if not more than you do.
    Here is my thanks to all your helpers and those who at the shop made their loving dontations.
    Love you crashed out with your family with Christmas exhaustion...but the cat? Was it just too much for kitty too? (don't know cats name yet) too funny, great memories with many more to come.
    It is...the most wonderful time of the year when I see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been hard at work. Love the exhaustion photo. So cute. Well I read this a bit too late. I dropped off a gift for the Mom. A just be tote filled with food. Please let me know what you still need. I think it's wonderful what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete